Monday, August 17, 2015

Creative Retreat August Guest Project #1

Hi everyone!  I'm so excited to be a guest at Creative Retreat this month, so fun right!?
Here is the August Embellishment kit that I was given to take for a run: 
You can purchase it here : http://creativeretreatkits.com/products/august-2015-embellishment-kit



Here is my first guest post and planner spread:
As soon as I got the kit and tore into the packaging I knew right away that I wanted to use it on a planner spread, and what better time than the present right!? so I got right to work on this week's spread.
Here is what it ended up looking like in the end:
I usually start my weeks by filling in everything that I know I have going on, be that project due dates, appointments, chores and so on, I even at least try to plan out what we will be having for dinner and add it to the specific days. I like to get all of that stuff down before I start adding any embellishments, that way I know I have most of the important dates in there before I run myself out of room.
I flipped over my middle inserts so you could also see what's under them on the second page.
As you can see I add in more of the fun stuff on days where I have less going on, those are my favorite days of all ha! 

Since the awesome Pink Paislee Color Wash alphas were included in this kit I wanted to find a fun way to use them in my spread. Usually I would just use stickers of this size on layouts or cards but I really like the fun look they added in my columns. I spelled out "Clean Up",  "Fun", "Party", and "Relax" on different days. I think I'll definitely start using my some of my stash of chipboard alphabets like this on future spreads.

one of my favorite parts about this kit was the colors, I am a huge fan of pink and orange so that alone made me super happy. Another awesome thing about this kit are all the bits and pieces that come in it, the little banner flags are so cute! I also found myself using the stamps a ton on this spread, they are perfect for so many things!

I am a big lister, I am a little ashamed to say that you can probably enter almost any room of our home and find one of my handy notepads laying around with pages of crossed off lists. If I write it down I have a way higher chance of remembering it. So that is why I always try to write out more significant ones and put them in my planner so it is constantly in my face. Another list that I always include is my starter grocery list, that way I can go ahead and write things down as I think of them and it's all in one spot.

And last but not least a little close up to close, I think that "this is so you" tag was one of my favorites. 
Again, thank you so much for having me as your guest Danielle, I look forward to sharing my next project with you soon!
Stephanie.

3 comments: